Facebook Announces Stricter Controls On Political Ads
- Facebook's Product Manager Sarah Clark Skiff said in a blog post: "We are going to make new changes regarding the political advertisement shown on Facebook-Instagram. Before that we had made this change during the US, Brazil and the UK elections and Now our next step is on the elections in India.
- The blog post further states, "The direct impact of this change will be on the political advertisements of Lok Sabha elections in India next year." Now, if any person wants to run on the advertisement of politics related to Facebook or Instagram, The location information must be provided. "
- Sara said, "Under the new policy, political advertisements that run on Facebook-Instagram will have to be written by political advertisements so that people can know it and the name of the advertiser will be written as well. However, these policies are on news publishers Will not apply. "
- Apart from this, political advertising will be stored in 'Ed Library' for up to 7 years so that this access can be seen later.
- In order to show political advertisements on Facebook-Instagram, advertisers will be able to verify their identity and location through identity proof issued by the Government of India (PAN card, voter card, passport or license).