Adobe Premiere Pro: How to Add Text to Videos and Stylize Text Easily
There comes a time in everyone’s life when a friend or family member asks if you can help them edit a video. Mostly they just need to add text to the video and fix it up a bit. Adding text to Premiere Pro is pretty simple, but how do you make it look attractive? We’ll show you how you can do it in Adobe Premiere Pro.
How to add text in Adobe Premiere Pro
Start by importing the video you want to add text to the timeline. Now, follow these steps to create a text layer.
- Select the Tool type that uses the capital letter T on the timeline. And now, click on the video in the program monitor to create a graphic layer.
- A text box will be created on the video and a graphic layer will appear on the timeline. You can also use shortcut buttons to create a text layer. These are CTRL + T on Windows or CMD + T on Mac.
- You can choose the duration of the text layer simply by dragging it left or right.
How to change text properties in effect controls
If you want to make text bold, italicize, or add other text properties, read on.
- Now, select all the text using keyboard shortcuts. That is CTRL + A on Windows and CMD + A on Mac.
- Go to the Effects controls tab on the left side of the screen and here you will see a number of options.
- Scroll down until you see Text and click on it.
- Here you can change its font, size, and if you scroll down you can see these buttons that allow you to change the text from normal to bold, italic, underlined, etc.
How to make the text more attractive in Premiere Pro
Do you want to change the color of the text or add other cool effects? This is what you need.
- You can change the color of the text by clicking the fill tab and you can choose the color you like the most.
- Just below is the option to apply a stroke to your text to give it more prominence.
- You can also add background and give the text a shadow effect to give it more depth.
How to reposition text using the transform tool
The transform tool allows you to adjust the size and position of the text. Here’s how to use it.
- The transform tool can be seen below the Appearance tab.
- You can use this tool to readjust the text according to your needs.
- Just drag left or right on the position axis and you can wrap the text in the frame.
- Another way to do it is by pressing V on your keyboard and using your mouse to drag the text box within the video frame.
Here are some of the easiest ways to add text to your videos in Adobe Premiere Pro. You can use these tips to create different text titles for your videos.
For more tutorials, visit our How section.