Did you know that you can now automatically change your iPhone wallpaper? Yes, you read that right. With the latest iOS update i.e iOS 14.3, the Shortcuts app now gets wallpaper automation that lets you change your iPhone wallpaper automatically. Follow this guide as we tell you how to automate wallpaper settings on your iPhone.
iPhone: How to change the wallpaper automatically
As we mentioned above, you can only use this function with the new software update, so make sure your iPhone You are running the latest version of iOS i.e iOS 14.3. With that out of the way, follow these steps to automate the wallpaper setting on your iPhone.
- First, download the Shortcuts on your iPhone, if you haven’t already.
- Once the application is downloaded, go to Settings > Shortcuts > enable Allow untrusted shortcuts.
- Then open your phone’s browser and to download the AutoWall shortcut.
- Once the website is loaded, tap Get direct access. Doing this will redirect you to the Shortcuts app. Scroll down and tap Add untrusted shortcut.
- Now go to My shortcuts and touch the three points in the AutoWall shortcut.
- Tap Allow access followed by touching OK to give AutoWall permission to use all of your photos.
- Now next to Album you can choose the folder from which you want the wallpapers to scroll automatically. It can be any folder in the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Once you have selected the desired folder, touch Done to save the shortcut.
Once done, you have just finished configuring the shortcut. But the work is not done yet. Now is the time to configure the automation process. Follow these steps.
- Open the Shortcuts app> tap Automation > touch Create personal automation.
- Then choose the Time of the day option.
- On the next screen, set the time and frequency for your automation.
- Now touch next followed by touching Add action on the next screen.
- Look for the Run shortcut action and select it.
- Now touch Shortcut and select AutoWall from the list of available shortcuts.
- Tap next. Now, disable Ask before running to make sure automation is triggered automatically.
- Finally, touch Done to finish configuring automation.
Now whenever the clock strikes the time you set for automation, your iPhone will automatically change the home screen and lock screen background.