Google Chrome has mostly used browsers in the world. If you are using google chrome, then you must hear about ChromeContinue. So today, we are talking about it, and we will see the different methods to fix it. Chrome is the first choice for people because of its Use friendly interface. It has many features that make it a great option over other browsers; ChromeContinue is one feature. Let’s talk about It.
What is ChromeContinue?
It means you must use this feature last time you close Chrome or shut down the pc, and you don’t want to lose your data. This feature is available in all chrome browsers.
This feature is working fine, but many users claim that Chromecontinue is not doing its job properly. Let’s see how you can fix it and start from where you left off.
How to fix ChromeContinue Where You Left Off Error?
We have reviewed this Error especially, and we got success in fixing It. There are 5 different methods listed here. If one is not worked for you, then you need to try different methods. I hope these methods will help you to fix the Error. The methods are listed below to help you.
If your chrome browser is not up to date, then might be this Error may occur. To update your Chrome, Follow the steps below.
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Please tap on the three dots at the top right and go to Settings by clicking on it.
- Now click on the safety check, tap on the “Update Chrome” option, and update it to the latest version.
This is how you can update Chrome. Now check whether ChromeContinue is working or not.
Run again as Administrator
Now we Can try this method to fix Chrome Continue Where You Left Off. When Running any software to Run As Administer mode, you will give full access to the Software to make changes directly to windows. And it is dangerous when you give access to a third party or unknown apps that might steal your data. But, We all know that Chrome is the google product to trust, and it’s safer to do that. Let’s follow these steps to Run Chrome in administrator mode.
- First, right-click on Chrome, and you see the option Run as Administrator.
- You will see the popup warning. It saw the warning “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device” Now click on Yes.
- A warning will be shown. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device, and click Yes to continue?
- That’s it; Chrome will now open automatically.
Use Third-Party Chrome Extention:
We will use the “ChromeContinue where you left off” Extention to fix the Error in this method. This Chrome extension Will help Chrome keep all the tabs saved. So, Whenever you open Chrome, you can see the previously used chrome tabs, so you don’t need to worry. Here are steps to Add chrome extension.
- Open Chrome Web Store website.
- Click on the search bar and search for “Continue where you left off.”
- Once it opens, click on Add to Chrome.
That’s it, now every time you open your Chrome browser, the last site you visited will open first.
Reinstall the Chrome browser to fix ChromeContinue
If you still have the problem, you can uninstall the current chrome browser and reinstall it again.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a Program and select Google Chrome, then click on Uninstall.
- Now, you can reinstall the latest Google Chrome from the official Google Chrome site.
Extensions are significant nowadays for many high-tech sites and particularly for educational sites. Besides that, it also helps you With the different types of functionality. Many extensions are available in the market, but some have bugs that will ruin your browsing experience and performance. So disabling the extensions with bugs maybe solve your ChromeContinue where you left off the problem. The steps are given below to disable the extensions.
- Open Chrome, click on the three dots menu from the right corner, and go to Settings.
- Now you will see the Extensions At the right bottom corner; click on them.
- Finally, click on Deactivate All.
I hope all your Error related ChromeContinue is fixed. If one of these methods works for you, then share it with your friends. If you have any questions related to It, ask us in the comment.