Many government websites have this PDF file size restriction, which does not allow you to upload a PDF with a file size greater than a certain limit. That leaves a person with only one option, that is, compress the PDF and reduce its file size; but how do you do that? In this guide, we take a look at some of the best methods that allow you to compress PDF files. The best part is that these methods are absolutely free and compatible with all major operating systems. Read on as we tell you how to compress PDF files on your computer and phone.
Compress PDF online
The first method allows you to compress PDF online. It’s compatible with Windows 10, Mac OS, Android and iOS. Follow these steps to get started.
- Visit ilovepdf.com and press Compress PDF.
- On the next page, tap Select PDF file > make your choice> tap Choose.
- After this, choose the compression level according to your preference and tap Compress PDF.
- On the next page, tap Download compressed PDF to save the file to your device.
Compress PDF on Mac
If you own a Mac, you don’t even need an online website or third-party app to compress PDF files. Instead, Mac users can natively compress PDF files offline. Follow these steps.
- Open the PDF file you want to convert to Advance.
- Once the file is uploaded, click Archive > click To export.
- Change the Quartz filter from None to Reduce file size.
- Hit Save to go ahead and store the compressed PDF file on your system.
Compress PDF in Windows 10
There are several third-party applications that allow you to compress PDF files offline. However, one of the best we found is called 4dots Free PDF Compress. Go ahead and follow these steps.
- to download 4dots Free PDF Compress and install it on your Windows 10 computer.
- Open the app and click Add file to add the PDF you want to compress. Locate and Please select the PDF> click Open.
- Choose how much you want to compress the image quality.
- Once done, press Compress And you are ready. Your compressed PDF file will be saved locally on your Windows 10 computer.
These were some of the methods that allowed you to compress PDF files for free on your computer and phone. We hope that from now on you have no problem with the size of a PDF file and if you do, you can always come back here. Just be sure to bookmark this guide.