Disable Instagram reels: how to get rid of Instagram reels
Since the TikTok ban in India, a bunch of apps have stepped in to replace the viral video app. Instagram is the most prominent of these since it launched Instagram Reels within an app that people already use. However, if you weren’t a fan of TikTok, we doubt you don’t like reels either. In this article, we suggest a way around Instagram’s new feature, Reels. In addition, we also tell you how to delete an uploaded video from Reels.
Instagram Reels: How to disable
Is there a way to disable Instagram reels?
To avoid Instagram Reels, follow these steps.
- Log in to your Instagram account through any browser. You can do this in any mobile browser or any desktop browser app like Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox.
- When visiting Instagram in a browser, you will notice that the reel videos will not appear in the Explore tab.
- Even if you visit any Instagram profile, you will see that the Reels tab is not present. If you don’t mind using Instagram through your phone or computer browser, this is the only way to avoid Reels from now on.
Instagram Reels: How to Delete
Just in case, if you are not so against using Instagram Reels and you really like the new feature, you can go ahead and post as many of them on your IG account. We have already covered how to create and use Instagram Reels read.
Follow these steps to learn how to remove Instagram Reels.
- Open Instagram and go to your profile.
- Go to the Reels tab and select the video you want to delete.
- Open the video > touch the three dots icon > touch Remove.
By following this simple method, you can remove Instagram Reels from your profile.