You can download the best Google Camera for your Asus ROG Phone 5. The camera hasn’t been the main attraction of a gaming phone, and the same goes for the ROG 5 phone. The device comes with a triple-lens camera module that is very similar to last year. Asus ROG Phone 5 has a 64MP Sony IMX686 Quad sensor on its rear panel. It captures excellent images. But if you want to try something new to improve image quality, you can go for the Pixel 5 Google Camera app(GCam Mod).
Google Camera for ROG Phone 5 [Best GCam APK]
Asus launches its new gaming phone with a 64MP primary sensor, 13MP ultra-wide lens, and 5MP macro camera. Asus’ default camera app has several useful features such as night mode user interface, portrait mode, professional mode, and other essentials. The smartphone captures decent images using these different modes. However, if you are looking for a better alternative, you can use the Google camera of the Pixel 5. Thankfully the latter port is compatible with the ROG 5 phone.
Newest mod port of Google camera – GCam 8.2 runs on the Asus ROG Phone 5. The Google Camera app features Astrophotography, Night Sight, SloMo, Beauty Mode, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, PhotoSphere, Playground, RAW support, Google Lens, and more. You can use GCam to capture mind-blowing shots. Here’s how you can download and install Google Camera for Asus ROG Phone 5.
Download Google Camera for ROG Phone 5
The feature-packed Asus ROG Phone 5 has API Camera2 support out of the box. So, you don’t need to root your ROG Phone 5 to download the Google Camera app. Speaking of GCam ports, the latest beta (GCam 8.2) from Arnova8G2 and stable GCam 7.3 from Wichaya (based on the Urnyx05 port) works fine on the ROG Phone III. Here is the direct link to download the ported APKs.
Once you’ve downloaded the APK, make sure you set things up by downloading the configuration file from the links below.
Recommended settings GCam APK
- Open the GCam app on your ROG Phone 5, now enable Enhanced HDR + from settings.
- Head to Settings> Advanced> Auxiliary Camera> Enable Auxiliary Camera here.
- If you want to capture 64MP non-grouped images, you can try messing with the denoising settings in Settings> Advanced> Lib Patcher.
If you don’t want to do anything with settings, you can directly download the config file using the links below.
- Download the configuration files. It is packed with all recommended settings.
- Then head over to the file manager and create a new folder called GCam.
- Open the GCam folder and make one more folder named configs7.
- Now paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once done, open the Google Camera app and double tap on the blank black area located next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the configuration file, available in the pop-up window, and hit the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then reopen the app.
Once everything is done, start capturing unique and stunning photos right from your Asus ROG Phone 5 and ROG Phone 5 Ultimate Edition smartphone. If its work for you then share it with your friends.