How to apply online for a driving licence Online
Are you applying for a ddriving license? You can use both online and offline methods to get your driving license in India. However, given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the online process appears to be the most logical way out now. It also makes things easier, as there is no need to queue or physically visit a government office to begin the application process. The state governments issue the driving license in India. Therefore, many states in the country have the online process ready. The central government also recently created a Parivahan Sarathi web portal to help citizens easily apply for their driver’s license online.
In this article, we provide a step-by-step guide for you to order your driver’s license online.
How to apply for a driver’s license online
Before getting started with the steps you need to take to apply for your driving license online, it is important to note that you must have a learner’s license beforehand.
- Click on the Apply for driver’s license Link.
- You will now be provided with instructions on the stages you will need to go through to apply for a driver’s license.
- Enter your mobile phone number to generate a one-time password (OTP).
- Now, enter the OTP that you received in your phone number and press the AuthenticateWithSarathi.
- Select the Possess the learner’s license option if you already have the learner’s license, and then enter your number and date of birth. You can select the option Own Foreign DL or Have Defense License if you are eligible for them.
- Now, fill out the request form and select a date when you can visit your nearest trucking office (RTO).
You will now have to visit your nearby RTO on the scheduled date with your original documents and proof of fees. The RTO will also give you a space for the driving test you will need to take. You will get your license in two to three weeks after passing the exam. Wearing protective masks and maintaining social distancing rules is strictly recommended when visiting an RTO.
The Parivahan Seva website of the Ministry of Road and Highway Transport provides the details about the fee to pay to get the license.