The IRCTC web portal helps passengers to book train tickets and also assists in all other related services. However, it also offers an app that can help anyone with tasks like booking a ticket and much more. IRCTC, or Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, handles inter-city and state travel reservations throughout India. In addition to the IRCTC website and app, Indian users can also book train tickets through aggregators such as Paytm, MakeMyTrip, Cleartrip, RailYatri, Confirmtkt and many more.
How to book IRCTC train tickets online on mobile
To book a train ticket on your smartphone, download the IRCTC Rail Connect app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. If you are a new user, you will need to register before you start using the application. Furthermore, there is an IRCTC website portal. In addition, users can access the mobile browser, but it is also necessary to register on the browser platform. To book a train ticket through the IRCTC mobile app, follow the steps below.
- Install IRCTC Rail Connect. Register yourself. Login with the newly created credentials.
- Click on Plan my reservations on the home page. Enter the departure station and designation station information, the date you want to travel, and click Search trains.
- A list of trains, their departure time and the availability (or non-availability) of stocks will be mentioned. Availability will also be segregated based on classes like Sleeper class, A / C and more.
- Clicking on the class will reveal the ticket price. Once you have decided on the train and class, click passenger details.
- You can add a maximum of up to six adults and two babies to one reservation. IRCTC also requests the destination address. Fill in the details and accept the terms and conditions by clicking the checkboxes. Click on Review trip details.
- Examine the train information, the reserved class and the passenger information. If you are satisfied with all the details, click Proceed to pay after presenting the CAPTCHA code at the bottom of the page.
- Pay with your mobile wallet, debit card, credit card or net banking. Once the payment is made, users can find their tickets in the transaction history.