Canceling your Amazon Prime membership is easy and only requires a few steps. Amazon offers a list of benefits for Prime members. These include free one- and two-day deliveries, early access to regular sales events and lighting deals, and no minimum order requirements for free standard deliveries. Amazon Prime customers also have access to other services offered by the American company. These include Amazon Prime Music, Prime Video, and Prime Reading. Amazon also offers same-day delivery to Prime members for eligible addresses.
That being said, there could be some valid reasons that could lead you to cancel your Amazon Prime subscription. The only main reason is the price at which the Prime membership is available. It costs Rs. 329 for three months or Rs. 999 a year for Amazon customers in India. Although membership is cheaper in the country than Prime membership in the US, you get Amazon Prime for a monthly charge of $ 12.99 (roughly Rs. 960) or annually at $ 119 (approximately Rs. 8,760) it may not do so anymore. Sense for you to continue.
You should note that if you choose to cancel your Amazon subscription in India, it will continue for the period you already paid for; In other words, if you paid for an annual membership, after canceling, it will continue until the end of the one year from the date you signed up. Also, if you have opted for quarterly membership, it will continue until the end of the three months from the date you signed up. Therefore, all that canceling a subscription does is prevent it from automatically renewing. However, customers can contact Amazon’s customer support team from their app or website to request cancellation of the Prime subscription instantly, forfeiting the remaining period of membership.
You can end your Prime membership at any time by visiting the Amazon website on your computer or through its application on your smartphone. Here’s how you can do that.
Cancel your Amazon Prime membership
Here are the steps you can take to cancel your Amazon Prime membership. These steps are to cancel the Prime membership through the Amazon site. However, you can skip to the next section to understand how you can unsubscribe from Amazon Prime from within your app.
- Visit Amazon.in the website and log in with your account.
- Click on the hamburger menu button at the top left and select Your account.
- Now press the principal option.
- Click on the Manage membership Link. A drop-down list will appear. Please select Manage membership.
- Hit the End membership option.
- Amazon will now display a screen to highlight how much you have saved on shipping fees since joining the membership. Click Continue to cancel there.
- You will now see a screen showing the Will end on [expiry date of your Prime membership] button. This will terminate your Prime membership once you reach your renewal date.
You can also receive a reminder three days before your Prime membership is renewed by pressing the Remember me later button.
Amazon also shows a Finish during the first three days of the Prime membership to allow customers to terminate their subscription immediately if they are not satisfied with the service. In this case, the company will provide a refund for the entire membership or the remaining period if customers using any of the included services, such as Prime Video or Prime Music. The refund will be made through a credit note.
Cancel Your Amazon Prime Membership Using the App
You can follow the steps available below to end your Amazon Prime membership using their app on your smartphone.
- Go to the Amazon app on your phone.
- Tap the hamburger menu button at the bottom right.
- Now touch the principal.
- Select the Manage my membership next to the Prime title.
- Tap on the Manage membership drop-down menu and then select the Manage membership option.
- Paste End membership.
- Scroll down the screen showing the amount of shipping you have saved since you joined the membership.
- Faucet Continue to cancel, and then he Will end on the [expiry date of your Prime membership] button.
It is important to note that once you have canceled your Prime membership, you will no longer be able to receive exclusive Prime offers and services, such as Prime Video and Prime Music.