Google Chrome is probably the most popular browser in the world in terms of market share. That means that different people, speaking multiple languages, use the browser. If you are not satisfied with the default language in Google Chrome (English) and you want to change it, you can change it on all platforms quite easily. These steps will tell you how to change the language in Google Chrome to Android, Windows, ios, and Mac. In some cases, you can change the language within the browser, while in others it is necessary to change the default language of the operating system to get the job done.
How to change the language in Google Chrome for Android
The best way to change the language in Google Chrome for Android is through the Android system settings. If you change the language of your smartphone, Chrome will display all UI elements in that language.
- Go Settings on your Android phone.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon at the top to search. Write Idiom.
- Please select Languages from the results list.
- Faucet Languages.
- Now touch Add a language and then select your preferred language. Steps 3-5 may differ slightly depending on the version or skin of Android your smartphone is running.
- Use the icon in the three horizontal bars on the right to drag your preferred language to the top. This will change the default language of the smartphone.
- Now open Google Chrome and the language will be the one you just selected.
How to change the language in Google Chrome for Windows
Here’s how to quickly change the language in Google Chrome for Windows.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Paste this in the address bar chrome: // settings /? search = language and hit Pay in. You can also access this page by clicking the three vertical dots icon in Google Chrome (top right)> Settings. In the search bar at the top of this page, type Idiom to find this option.
- Now click Add language.
- Select the language you want by checking the checkbox next to it. Then click Add.
- To set it as the default language, click the three vertical dots icon next to the language and click Show Google Chrome in this language.
- Now click Relaunch that appears next to the language you selected. This will restart Chrome and change it to your preferred language.
How to change the language in Google Chrome for Mac
Google Chrome for Mac does not allow you to change the language. You will have to change the default system language on the Mac to change the language in Google Chrome. Follow these steps.
- Opened System preferences And go to Language and region.
- Click on the + button below the left panel and add the language of your choice. You will see a message asking if you want to use this as your default language, please accept it.
- Now open Google Chrome and you will see that the user interface has changed to the language of your choice.
- In Google Chrome for Mac, you can also quickly translate all websites into this language. Paste this in the address bar chrome: // settings /? search = language and hit Pay in.
- Add your favorite language, click the three vertical dots icon next to the language and check the checkbox next to Offer to translate web pages into this language. This will allow you to quickly use Google Translate to change the language of any web page of your choice.
How to change the language in Google Chrome for iPhone and iPad
You cannot change the language of Google Chrome on iOS without changing the default system language. Follow these steps to do it.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > general > Language and region.
- Click Add language and select your language.
- Then click Edit in the upper right.
- Now move your preferred language to the top by dragging it up.
- This will change the default language on your iPhone or iPad. Just launch Google Chrome and you will see that the language has changed.
1 thought on “How to change the language in Google Chrome”