Video Compress on iPhone is one of the most popular programs, and it’s simple to use. iPhones are often recognized as having some of the most excellent video cameras available. Even the most current iPhone 13 models feature improved cameras and the ability to capture cinematic video. While the video quality on an iPhone is excellent, the video stored on the device takes up a lot of space. These big video files have a size restriction for attachments. Therefore they can’t be added to emails. Apple has yet to establish a default method for compressing videos on iPhones.
The recommended practice is to capture videos compressed in a lower quality option than other accessible formats such as 4K or 1080p. However, if you’ve already recorded videos and need to shrink them, it’s straightforward with the appropriate tools. Everything you need to know is right here.
How to compress video on your iPhone by adjusting video recording settings
- Open your Settings app to alter the video recording resolution.
- Select “Camera” from the menu, then click on “Record Video.”
- Select one of the options for your default recording size, which will allow you to record and save more petite videos. More choices are available on newer iPhone models.
How to compress a video on iPhone using the Video Compress app
Unfortunately, iPhones do not have a built-in function that allows you to compress videos if you want to record at a high resolution but needs to free up storage space. As a result, you’ll have to rely on a third-party app to compress a video on iPhone.
- From the App Store, get the Video Compress app.
- After the installation, open the app. On the homepage, tap the huge “+” symbol.
- The app will request appropriate rights, like access to the gallery app. Select OK. After that, Video Compress will provide a list of all the videos in your Camera Roll.
- Choose the video you want to compress. Users can compress several videos at the same time.
- The application will now give the user options for the video compression level they choose. Full-HD quality, which compresses to 28.6MB per minute, and 360p, which condenses to 3.6MB per minute, are both accessible as presets in the Video Compress app. Choose your preferred options.
- After that, Video Compress will prompt the user to choose a Destination Album. Users can select ‘Add New Album’ at the bottom if none of the other choices work.
- The video compression process begins when the destination is chosen. This takes around 30 seconds to complete.
- Finally, the software asks users whether they wish to preserve or delete the original video. The newly compressed video will appear in the Destination Album as well as in the Camera Roll.