If you are someone who likes to create videos or make movies, you must have come across this word, “cinematic.” Typically used for cinematic video or cinematic text. Text and cinematic titles help give your video an immersive look and keep your audience focused on the screen. It’s effortless to create these cinematic titles in Adobe Premiere Pro, and we can add some additional effects to make it more attractive.
How to import a black video and add text in Adobe Premiere Pro
You can use the black video as a reference for the text.
- In the Project panel, click a new item and select black video.
- Now, choose the resolution and duration of the black video according to your sequence.
- Now, add your text and make sure the duration of the text layer matches that of the imported black video in the previous step.
- How to Highlight Text in Your Videos with Adobe Premiere Pro and More Tips
- Adobe Premiere Pro: How to Add Text to Videos and Stylize Text Easily
How to align text and change tracking in Adobe Premiere Pro
The Essential Graphics tab consists of all the effect controls for the text.
- Once you’ve added your text, go to effect controls, and under the source tab, you will see tracking controls. Here, you can adjust the value and choose the one that best suits your video.
- Now go to the Essential graphics tab and click the horizontal and vertical controls. This will place your text in the middle of the frame. This makes it look more professional.
Create a Clean Cinematic Title Animation in Premiere Pro Tutorial video
How to add keyframes for opacity in Adobe Premiere Pro
Adding opacity keyframes will give the text a fade effect, making the animation much smoother.
- Select the text layer and go to the effect controls. Now go to the first text frame and click on the stopwatch icon next to the opacity control.
- Now, change the opacity value to 0, move the playhead forward two seconds, and change the value to 100.
- Move the play head to the four-second mark and create a keyframe. Now move to the six-second mark and once again change the values to 0.
- This will create a fading effect. To soften this effect, select all keyframes and the right button of the mouse one of them and click auto-bezier.
How to scale in text in Adobe Premiere Pro
Scaling in the text gives the viewer a sense of the text approaching him.
- Go to the first frame on the timeline. Now make sure the text layer is selected.
- Click on the stopwatch icon next to the scale properties and move the playhead to the last frame of the text layer and increase the scale value by 10-15 values. This will automatically create a second keyframe.
How to add Gaussian blur to text in Adobe Premiere Pro
Adding Gaussian blur to text gives it a revealing effect.
- Go to the Effects tab, search gaussian blur and add it to the text layer.
- Now go to the first frame and create a keyframe for Gaussian blur by clicking on the stopwatch icon. Set the value to 50.
- Now, move forward two seconds on the timeline and change the value to 0.
- Go to the four-second mark and create a keyframe without changing any values.
- Now, go to the six-second mark and change the value back to 50.
- This will create a revealing effect and make the text appear more attractive.
I hope you learn how to Create a Clean Cinematic Title Animation in Premiere Pro. If you have any questions about it, then ask us in the comment section.