How to disable Google Meet in Gmail
Google Meet competes against Zoom, Microsoft Teams, JioMeet, and other video conferencing applications. Recently, Google began implementing a feature that integrated the Google Meet button into the company’s email application, Gmail. This allowed users to start a meeting on Google Meet with the click of a button next to the Mail button in Gmail for both Android and iOS.
However, if you don’t like this change and want Google Meet and Gmail To work as standalone apps, there is a way to get rid of Meet in Gmail. Follow this guide as we tell you how to remove the Google Meet tab from your Gmail inbox. ‘
How to remove the Google Meet tab from Gmail
Before starting, you should know that not all users can see the Google Meet tab in the Gmail application in their respective Android phones or iPhones Because as of now, the Google Meet tab only appears for those who have a paid G Suite account on their devices. However, if you use Gmail on a computer’s browser, the Meet tab can be found on the left, just above Hangouts. Follow these steps to remove Google Meet from Gmail.
Remove the Google Meet tab from the Gmail app on Android and iOS
If you are using the Gmail app on your Android phone or iPhone and you want to disable the Google Meet tab in your inbox, follow these steps.
- Open Gmail on your phone> tap the hamburger icon > go to Settings.
- Touch your Email address go forward. You will need to individually disable the Meet tab for each of your email addresses, in case you have multiple accounts.
- Now, scroll down and find the Meetup tab> uncheck Show Meet tab for video calls.
- Once done, your Gmail application will revert to its previous layout.
Remove the Google Meet tab from Gmail for the web
Follow these steps to remove the Meet tab in Gmail for the web.
- On a computer, open Gmail > press the gear icon to go to Settings > click See all configurations.
- Click Chat and meet > enable Hide the Meet section in the main menu.
- That’s it, you will no longer see the Meet tab in Hangouts.
By following these simple steps, you can remove the Google Meet tab from Gmail and go back to your old layout.