Assembly elections are taking place in many Indian states, including Tamil Nadu and West Bengal. Registered voters can download their voter identification cards online. If you are 18 years or older, you can cast your vote. To vote, all citizens must have an eligible voter identification card before going to the voting booth. The process to obtain your voter identification card online is very simple. Follow these simple steps below to download your voter ID card for free.
Download Voter ID Card
In addition to allowing you to vote, a voted ID card also works as proof of identity for any citizen. You must also be a registered voter before you can download your card online. Applying to be a new voter is very easy and can be done through the (National Voter Services Portal) NVSP site when filling Way 6. The e-EPIC download feature is currently available to newly registered voters after November 2020 with only a unique mobile number. For others, the site says that this facility will be available soon. Once you have registered as a voter, you can easily download your voter ID card online by following the steps below:
- Go to the NVSP site, click on Login / Register. You will be asked to verify your mobile phone number using OTP and other essential details to register. Finish the registration process.
- Once registered or connected, click the Download e-EPIC option on the home page. EPIC stands for Electoral Photo Identity Card.
- The site will ask for your EPIC number or Form reference number. Click the option you know, select the state to which it belongs, and click Look for.
- Check once more with the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Download your voter identification card by clicking Download e-EPIC. This is considered valid as proof of document for voter identification. However, as of now, it is only for new voters who registered after November 2020.