Windows 11 is here to bring you the best experience Microsoft has designed this year. The new operating system is promised to start rolling out as a free update for Windows 10 users later this year. But if you can’t wait and are looking for a way to download Windows 11 right away, you can certainly take a short route and download the Insider Preview build of the latest operating system on your system today. This will allow you to experience Windows 11 before its public debut.
Microsoft has not given an exact timeline on getting Windows 11 as an update of our Windows 10 machines. However, the Redmond, Washington-based company is expected to implement it. This means that you will be able to get the new version of Windows on your machine later this year or next year, depending on the deployment process.
However, Microsoft has provided the Windows 11 Insider Preview to allow you to test the newest Windows operating system before its official release. Here’s how you can do it.
Video To Download & Install Windows 11 Official
Download Windows 11 Steps to follow
Before getting started with the steps on how to download Windows 11 Insider Preview on your PC, it is important to note that the Insider Preview builds are specifically designed for testing purposes and should not be installed on your main PC. You would also experience some bugs and errors, and some of the features that Microsoft displayed last month are not part of the Insider version. Still eager to get started? You can follow the steps below.
- Sign up for the Windows Insider program by going to Settings > Update and security > Windows Insider Program. And then press Check-in and Register. If you are already part of the Windows Insider community, you can log in to your account and click Start to fly.
- Review the Privacy Statement and terms that appear on your screen and click Send.
- Please select Development channel from Insider settings to download and install the current build of Windows 11 intended for Windows Insider Preview and hit the Confirm button.
- Your machine will now ask you to read the Microsoft Insider Privacy Statement and Agreement. Once you have reviewed the statement and terms, click Confirm.
- Press Restart now to reboot your machine to get the Insider Preview to build.
- After restarting, make sure you are connected to an active internet connection. Then you can go to Settings > Update and security > windows update and click the Search for updates button.
- Your PC will start downloading the latest version from a Microsoft server.
In particular, Windows 11 has certain minimum hardware requirements which must be met to download the Insider Preview build. You can check those requirements on the Microsoft website.