How to Enable Dark Mode on YouTube: Step-by-Step Guide for Android, iOS, and Web
YouTube is one of the most popular video platforms in the world. Some of you just watch YouTube videos and move on, but there are a lot of people who check YouTube comments too. That is why we would like to tell you how to enable dark mode on YouTube.
There are some advantages of using dark mode in Youtube. It can save your device battery and reduce strain on your eyes. After all, a big part of watching YouTube videos is laughing at funny comments, right? In our opinion, the dark mode seems much more visually appealing. Follow these steps to enable dark mode on YouTube.
How to enable Dark Theme on YouTube for Android
YouTube for Android i initially got the dark mode feature in July 2018. To enable dark mode on YouTube on your Android device, follow these steps:
Open the YouTube app on your smartphone and tap the profile icon in the upper right corner.
Please select Settings > general > Appearance.
Then select Dark theme and that is. Isn’t this much better?
In case you are not logged into YouTube, no problem, you can still turn on the dark theme. Just open the YouTube app, tap the profile icon in the upper right corner. Now touch Settings > general > Appearance, followed by selecting Dark theme.
How to enable dark theme on YouTube for iOS
iOS devices received dark mode function for YouTube a few months earlier than its Android counterpart. To enable dark mode on YouTube on your iPhone or iPad, follow these steps:
- Download the YouTube app from the App Store if you haven’t already.
- Once the application is installed, open it and tap the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Next, tap Settings > on the next screen, enable dark theme. That’s it, your background will now change to dark.
- Like on Android, you can activate dark mode even if you are not logged in. Open the YouTube app > tap the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- next tap Settings, and so toggle on dark theme.
How to enable dark theme on YouTube for the web
To remember, the dark theme feature in YouTube for the Web has been around since May 2017. Follow these steps to enable dark mode for YouTube on the web.
- In the browser of your choice and Let’s go to www.youtube.com.
- Once the site is loaded, click on your profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Next, click Dark Theme and Turn it on.
- In case you are not logged in and still want to activate the dark theme, just Let’s go to www.youtube.com.
- Once the website is loaded, click the three vertical dots icon right next to the login button.
- Then click Dark theme and activate it.
By following these really simple steps, you will be able to enable Dark Theme on YouTube for Android, iOS, and the web.