Dark mode (or Dark theme for Android devices) is a Google Chrome feature that aims to create a comfortable Web surfing experience in low light. It uses a dark color scheme for the UI and other features, such as your homepage, Toolbar, and settings, to minimize eye strain. It also helps extend battery life, but this is more of a concern if your device has an OLED display. By following a few easy steps, users of Android devices and iPhones and Windows and Mac PCs may enable Dark Mode on the Chrome browser.
Google Chrome has had a specific Dark mode on all devices since 2019. It was initially released for macOS, subsequently for Android, Windows, and iPhone users.
This article explains how to enable Chrome’s Dark mode, regardless of whether you’re using an Android phone, iPhone, or Windows or Mac computer.
How to enable Chrome Dark mode on Android
Before we look at how to enable Dark Mode on google Chrome on an Android smartphone, keep in mind that your device must be running Android 5 or above and support the Dark Mode. To enable the setting, follow these steps:
- On your Android phone, open Chrome.
- Select More (three-dot menu button) from the top right corner of the screen, select More (three-dot menu button), then Settings > Themes.
- To use the Dark mode, Click it.
To return to the light theme, repeat the instructions and then select Light. When you pick the System Default option in Chrome, it will also choose between Dark and Light themes based on your device settings.
How to enable Chrome Dark mode on iPhone
Turn on the system-wide Dark Mode, which is enabled starting with iOS 13, to enable the Dark mode on google Chrome on your iPhone. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Settings in your iPhone
- From the Settings > Display & Brightness menu, choose Dark.
- To see the Dark mode on Chrome, open the Chrome App.
If you’ve activated system-wide Dark Mode in the iPadOS settings menu, google Chrome will use it by default on the iPad.
How to enable Chrome Dark mode on a Windows PC
To use Chrome’s Dark Mode on a Windows PC, make sure the device runs Windows 10.
- Go to Start, then Settings, then Personalization.
- To adjust the default app mode, go to Colors and select Dark.
- To use Dark mode on google Chrome, open the chrome browser.
How to enable Chrome Dark Mode on a Mac
On Mac devices running macOS 10.14 and above, Apple has introduced a system-wide Dark Mode. On your Mac, you may use that update to start using Chrome in Dark mode.
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Go to General and change the Appearance preference to Dark.
- To see Chrome’s Dark mode, open the chrome browser.
Chrome now displays the dark homepage in Incognito mode. Looking at the Toolbar on the browser, which shows the Incognito mode symbol next to the address bar when it is enabled on the browser, will tell you if you’re in Incognito mode or have activated Dark mode.