Are you attempting to take a screenshot on your Android phone, but it always turns out black or with an error message saying “can’t take screenshot due to security policy”? If you answered yes, don’t worry; we’ll cover everything in this post. What causes it to occur and how to resolve this screenshot security issue So stick with us all the way to the conclusion.
What is ‘Can’t Take Screenshot Due to Security Policy’?
We’ve included some of the most likely reasons and answers for the error message “Can’t take screenshot due to security policy” below:
Facebook’ Can’t take screenshots due to security policy.
You can take screenshots of posts, public images, and other things on Facebook, but the “can’t take screenshot due to security policy” message occurs when it comes to profile pictures. This is because the user secures specific profile pictures and cannot be screenshotted or saved by anybody.
However, Facebook has limited this protection to its Facebook applications. Therefore this problem does not occur when using a browser to access Facebook. Go to your Facebook account and snap a screenshot of the relevant photo using any browser to get around this.
You may also use your desktop browser to enter your Facebook account and then use SNIPPING TOOL to grab your Facebook profile photo. Here’s how to go about it:
- Open your desktop browser
- Go to Facebook.com and log in to your account.
- Now, search for the photo you want to take a screenshot of.
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard and type ‘Snipping’ in the search bar.
- Click on the Snipping Tool.
- A dialogue will appear on the screen. Click on New at the top left corner.
- Select the photo region by pressing and holding the left cursor and releasing it after you’re done.
- Finally, save it.
Chrome’ Can’t take screenshots due to security policy.
When surfing in incognito mode on Chrome or any other mobile browser, you may have observed the ‘can’t capture screenshot due to security policy’ security message. This is due to Android’s security policy, which prevents users from taking screenshots when in incognito mode.
Incognito mode in Chrome does not enable users to snap screenshots, and most people are unaware. However, Chrome now has a secret function that allows users to manually enable screenshots in incognito mode. Here’s how to make it work:
- Open the Chrome browser app on your Android phone.
- Type chrome://flags in the search bar and hit enter.
- The Chrome experiments page will now be shown. This is where you can turn on or off a variety of Chrome features.
- Type “Screenshot” in the flags search bar.
- Now, the Incognito Screenshot setting will appear on the page.
- Select Enabled from the options in the blue drop-down box that appears underneath the incognito screenshot setting.
- Chrome will now ask you to restart the browser. Tap on Relaunch Now to restart it.
That’s all; Chrome will no longer display any warnings or prevent you from taking screenshots. You can now snap as many screenshots as you like in incognito mode on the Chrome browser.
You can use the Firefox browser in incognito mode to snap screenshots without activating any settings if you desire. You can also use Chrome Canary, an experimental version of Google Chrome that allows users to snap screenshots in private mode by default.
How to Fix Can’t Take Screenshot Due to Security Policy?
Almost every software has a few easy solutions to repair the can’t take screenshot due to security policy issue message. Let’s see what they are:
Use Google Assistant
Follow the steps below if you wish to take a screenshot that isn’t allowed due to security policy:
- Open the app and locate to screen you want to take a screenshot of.
- Click and hold on Home Button to launch Google Assistant.
- Now, click on WHAT’ ON MY SCREEN button.
- Finally, click on the Share Screenshot button.
After running Google Assistant on the chosen screen area, you can also say “take a screenshot of my screen” to it.
Capture the Screen from Another Mobile:
Using a different phone to capture screenshots is a simple and easy technique to avoid getting the can’t take screenshots due to security policy issues. This degrades the image quality, but it will turn out fantastic if you put in a little more effort and catch it properly.
That concludes our discussion of why you can’t capture a screenshot due to security policy and how to fix it. We hope this post was of assistance to you.