How to remove password from PDF on Google Chrome, Android, iPhone, Windows and Mac
If you’ve ever received a bank statement or phone bill as a PDF file, you know that most of them are password protected. This is because these PDF files contain private and confidential information that needs password protection. Remembering every PDF password is a big hassle, especially if you just want to save these documents to send to your CA for filing tax returns. To avoid the problem for them, you can easily remove the password from PDF files. Now you need to note that to remove the password from PDF files, you need to know the password first.
Before we go ahead and tell you the methods to remove password from a PDF file, we would like to point out that these methods are only meant to help you access PDF files in a much more convenient way. You can only remove the password from the PDF file if you already know it. That being said, follow this guide as we tell you how to remove PDF password.
How to remove password from PDF on Android
Practically speaking, many of us primarily access PDF files on our computers, but that’s not necessarily the case always. At some point, you may have your smartphone handy and you will need to access PDF files on the go. In that case, it could be quite irritating if you have to enter the PDF password over and over again. The good news is that there is a way to get rid of that too. If you are using an Android smartphone, follow these steps to remove the password from the PDF.
- Download and install PDF Utilities from Google Play.
- Make sure you have already downloaded the PDF file you want to remove the password for.
- Open the PDF utility application and tap Please select next to Select PDF.
- Once you have located your file, select it and tap Start. A pop-up window will appear asking you to enter the password for the PDF. Enter and tap OK.
- That’s it, just go back to the same destination where the original PDF file is saved to access the new PDF file without password protection.
How to remove PDF password on iPhone
You can remove password from PDF in iOS. This requires an app called PDF Expert, which is a free download, but the password removal feature is part of a paid subscription. Fortunately, there is a free trial for one week, so you can easily get the job done. Subscription to PDF Expert Pro costs Rs. 4,099 per year, but if you can remove passwords from all your PDF files in a week, you can unsubscribe without paying (open the App store > touch your profile picture > Subscriptions > select PDF Expert and so Cancel). If you agree with that, follow these steps.
- Download and install PDF Expert in your iPhone. From the main menu, open the Files folder and locate the PDF file you want to remove the password.
- Tap in the file to open it> Enter the password to unlock the document> touch the three dots icon present in the upper right corner> select Change password and touch Remove password.
- This will disable password protection on the PDF file and the next time you try to open it, you will not need to enter the password.
If you purchased PDF Expert before the application was switched to a subscription model, you will be able to access this feature for free.
How to remove the password from a PDF through Google Chrome
By far this is the easiest method to remove a password from a PDF file. For this to work, all you need is a PC or Mac with the Google Chrome browser installed and ready. Just follow these steps:
Open your PDF file in Google Chrome. It doesn’t matter where your PDF file is stored, be it your Gmail, Drive, or any other third-party services other than Google-like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc., just open it in Chrome.
When you open the document for the first time, you will need to Unlock it entering the password.
After entering the password, your PDF file will be unlocked. Now, give the print command on your computer. For Mac users, this will be, Command + P; for Windows users, this will be, Ctrl + P. Alternatively, you can also click the Print button which is present in the upper right corner.
Then set the Destination as Save as pdf and click Save.
This will save the PDF file locally on your computer, and you can now access it without the need to enter the password.
This method works with other browsers such as Safari, Firefox, Opera, among others.
How to remove password from PDF on Mac
If you have a Mac and you don’t want to use a browser to remove PDF password, you can try an alternative. Follow these steps:
- to download the PDF file on your Mac.
- To go Discoverer > to locate your file and double click to open it in Advance.
- Enter a password to unlock the PDF document.
- Once your PDF file is unlocked, click Archive > Export as PDF > enter the file name and set your destination> press Save.
- That’s it, the new PDF file you just saved will no longer require a password.
How to remove the password from a PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC
If you want to remove password from PDF on Windows 10 or Mac, you can use Google Chrome to do it. In case you want to do this through Adobe Acrobat DC, you will have to purchase the full version of Adobe Acrobat DC. The service will cost you Rs. 1,014 per month if you commit to an annual contract or want to use it for a month or two, you can pay Rs. 1,691 per month. Once done, follow these steps:
- Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Enter the password to unlock the file.
- Once the file is open, click the Padlock icon to the left and below Security settings, click on Permit details.
- Once you do that, click Security > set Security method to Without security and click OK to remove the password.
- Then click Archive > Save and the next time you open this PDF file, you will not be asked to enter a password.
By following these simple steps, you will be able to remove the password from PDF files. We understand that it can be quite frustrating at times when you need to enter your password over and over again, but you should know that this is only done to save and protect your personal data from prying eyes on the internet. However, if this is how you prefer things, now you know what to do.