You can share other people’s posts as your own by reposting a story on Instagram. You can do this for images and videos in which you are mentioned or not, and we will show you how to do it in this post using two techniques. Even if you haven’t been tagged, here are several simple tricks to help you repost the story.
Simple way to repost a story
The first way is the simplest for repost a story on Instagram. Follow these steps to repost someone’s photo or video as your Instagram story.
- Open Instagram and select the photo or video you want to republish.
- Hit the Share icon just below post> tap Add Post to Your Story> tap Your Story.
Repost from the profile of a user who has disabled the option to share their photos or videos.
Follow these steps to repost from the profile of a user who has disabled the option to share their photos or videos. However, it is always recommended to ask for permission before sharing someone’s Instagram post. Having said that, here is what you should do.
- Open Instagram and Please select the photo or video you want to republish as your story.
- Tap on the three points icon> select Copy link > minimize the application.
- Now visit ingramer.com.
- Once the site is loaded, press the Burger and under Tools, select Instagram Downloader.
- Then you paste the link copied to Download Photo or Download Video, depending on the type of post you want to share.
- Hit Look for and scroll down to download the publication.
- Once you’ve downloaded your stuff to your phone, go to Instagram > touch the camera icon> Please select the downloaded photo or video.
- Now edit the photo to your liking and once you are all set, tap Send to and hit Share, right next to Your story.
These are the two easy methods that allow you to repost anyone’s post as your Instagram story.
Instagram: creative tips for reposting stories
Here are some fantastic ideas for making your Instagram Stories seem spectacular while still being simple to implement.
1. Change the background colour
To change the background image in an Instagram story, follow these steps.
- Prepare your Instagram story> click to draw icon> choose the colour picker tool.
- Now choose from the colours that are already available or you can choose your own using the colour picker tool.
- Once you’ve selected your colour, all you have to do is tap and hold on an empty area around your post and its background colour will change.
2. Use custom fonts
You can use the fonts that Instagram provides, but we’ll show you how to use custom fonts.
- While preparing your Instagram story, press the tag icon and select GIF.
- In the search bar, type collage alphabets or collage letters to get GIFs of English alphabets.
- Now use each letter to create a word or sentence, the choice is yours.
3. Create drop shadows
Did you know that you can make your own shadows with the use of Instagram’s resources? Let us show you how to do it.
- Prepare your Instagram story> click text button> use the font you like to write anything. For example, a new post.
- Now repeat the steps and write the same steps, but this time using a different colour.
- Place both texts on top of each other in a slightly off-centre way so that you can see both texts, thus creating a drop shadow effect.
4. Use GIF
A good GIF can add that needed spark to any post. Here’s how to use them.
- Prepare your Instagram story> tap the sticker icon> tap GIF.
- Search for any GIF by typing a keyword.
- Now use your imagination and make the most of your IG story using GIFs.
5. Add a shine
Follow these steps to add a sparkle to your photos on Instagram stories.
- Choose a photo from your gallery> prepare your Instagram story> tap the to draw icon.
- Tap on the radiance pen and choose your preferred colour.
- Now, draw zigzag lines around your photo.
- Once done, use the draft tool to remove the lines that are in the photo.
- The end result you are left with is your photo with bright stripes all around.