Discord allows you to send videos, but it has some limitations. Here we have the three basic ways to send videos to Discord To bypass this limit. Discord basic plans allow you to send video files with 8MB of file size. The premium Nitro plan will enable you to send 50MB File size videos. It is very less for HD Videos. You can use other platforms like youtube, google drive, etc., to send videos without caring about size limitations.
How to send videos on Discord computer/Laptop
If you want to go with the discord limitations, make sure the video size must be 8MB, not more than that for a basic plan. The video shouldn’t be more than 50MB for the premium nitro plan. Here are the steps you can follow to send videos on Discord.
- Open the Discord app on your computer /laptop.
- Go to the channel or chat room where you want to send the video.
- Click on the + icon at the bottom left corner near the chat typing bar.
- Select the video from your computer or laptop and click the Upload button.
- That’s it; your video is uploaded successfully to Discord.
If Anyone wants to download the video, click on the download button from the top right cornor.
How to send large files on Discord without Nitro
There are two diffrent ways to send large files on Discord with the nitro. You can use youtube or google drive to share your video links to your Discord. Here is the step-by-step guide to sending a large file of more than 8MB.
1. Send large file on Discord Using YouTube
You can use YouTube to upload your videos and then copy the video link from YouTube and paste it on your Discord chat room where every member can watch it. The best thing about it is that there is no size limit; you can upload 4K videos on YouTube and then paste the video link on your Discord where your Discord chat room member can watch it. Here’s how to send videos on Discord using youtube:
- Open youtube
- Sign in to your youtube channel where you want to upload the videos.
- click on the + Create next to the search bar, then select Upload video.
- Select the video from your device; click on upload video after giving the title and description.
- Now copy the video link and send it to your discord chat.
2. How to send videos on Discord more than 8MB Using google drive
If the ways mentioned earlier didn’t work out for you, you could use google drive to send videos of more than 8MB to your discord chat rooms or servers. You need to upload your videos to google drive, create a link, and share it to your discord servers. Here’s how to send videos on Discord using google drive:
- Open Google Drive, then log in to your Google Drive Account.
- Click NEW button from the top left corner and click on the File Upload.
- Select the video file from your computer and click on Open.
- After your video is uploaded then right-click on your video and click on get link.
- Change its privacy settings to Anyone with the Link.
- Click on the copy link and share it to your Discord chat room/server, where members can watch the video and download it.
I hope this article on how to send videos on discord helps you to solve your issues. If you face any error regarding this say us in comment.