Until now, WhatsApp only allowed its users to set a common custom wallpaper for all their chats, this changes now. With a new software update, you can now set a custom wallpaper for each of your chats individually. That’s not all, the Facebook-owned messaging platform has also introduced a bunch of new bright and dark wallpapers. In this article, we tell you how to set a custom wallpaper for a specific chat on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp: how to set custom wallpaper on iPhone
Before proceeding, make sure you have updated to the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store. Now, follow these steps to set a custom wallpaper for a specific chat in iphone.
- Open a WhatsApp chat and tap the Contact name to open your contact information.
- Tap Wallpaper and sound > touch Choose a new wallpaper.
- On the next screen, you will be able to see the latest WhatsApp wallpapers. These are new bright and dark wallpapers that you can use to set as chat backgrounds.
- You can also access old WhatsApp wallpapers by tapping Wallpaper file. You can find this by scrolling down in the bright or dark wallpapers section.
- Of course, if you don’t like the collection of WhatsApp wallpapers, you can also choose a custom photo from your phone’s gallery or you can set solid background colors if that’s what you prefer.
- To set a custom wallpaper, make your choice> you can also swipe left or right to preview the wallpapers. Once you are sure, press Set > adjust the Wallpaper dimming to adjust the brightness, and that’s it.
WhatsApp: how to set a custom wallpaper on Android
To set a custom wallpaper for a WhatsApp chat in Android, follow these steps.
- Open a WhatsApp chat> press the three points icon> tap Wallpaper.
- Choose the wallpaper of your choice> swipe left or right to preview> hit Set Wallpaper > adjust Wallpaper dimming to adjust the brightness, and that’s it.
- Other settings are pretty much the same as for iPhone users.
FYI, setting a common wallpaper for all chats does not affect the custom wallpaper you set for specific chats.
Please note that the new update that includes this feature is still rolling out in phases, so if you haven’t received it yet; don’t worry, you will get it soon.
This is how you can set a custom wallpaper for each of your chats on WhatsApp.