Switching from an Android phone to an iPhone can be an overwhelming experience. It is an entirely different ecosystem. However, there are a few ways that you can use to transfer contacts from android to iphone. While the two ecosystems are entirely different, a Google account can be a shared space that can help you move your data, including contacts. And there are also other tools designed specifically for this.
Android users can transfer their contacts to an iPhone using a few different methods. They can do it using the Move to iOS app developed by Apple specifically to help you transfer your data. This application can be used when you are setting up your iPhone. Users can also use a Google account, transfer contacts manually via VCF file or use the SIM card to transfer them to your iPhone.
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone Using the Move to iOS App
Follow these 10 steps to Transfer your contact from an Android smartphone to IOS Device using the Move to IOS App.
- Download the Move to iOS app from the Google Play store on your Android phone.
- Open the app and tap Continue.
- Terms and Conditions will greet you. Tap on Agree.
- The app will then ask for permission for location, access to contacts, calendar, storage, and SMS, all of which you’ll need to grant.
- On the Find your code screen, tap Continue. You will then be asked to enter a code.
- Move to your iPhone, and during the setup process, you will see a Move data from Android option. Play it.
- You will get a ten or six-digit code. Enter this code on your Android phone.
- You should now see a Transfer Data screen that asks you to select the content you want to transfer. Please select Contacts, along with the data you want to move and touch next.
- Leave both devices idle until your iPhone loading bar finishes.
- Once the loading bar completes, tap Done on your Android phone and Continue on your iPhone to finish the setup process.
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using a Google account
Google account will always be the same whether you are using Android or iPhone, so here are steps to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.
- Make sure your contacts are in sync with your Google account first. To do so, go to Settings on your Android phone. Also, make sure you have an active internet connection.
- Scroll down to Accounts and tap on your Google account.
- Tap on Account Synchronization, touch the three-dot menu to sync everything or turn the Contacts option off and on again to sync only contacts.
- Go to your iPhone and go to Settings.
- Tap on Mail and then tap on Accounts.
- Tap on Add Account and enter the same Google account as your Android phone. Make sure Contacts is turned on.
- Your Android contacts should now be visible on your iPhone.
- How to Turn off read receipts on WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Apple iMessage
- How to create shortcuts on iPhone to automate tasks
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using the VCF file method
Here is Another method to transfer your contact to any iPhone. VCF File format is accessible on both devices so that we can get benefits from it.
- On your Android phone, go to the Contacts app.
- Tap on the gear icon or three-point menu to select the Import and export option.
- You should see two options here, tap Export to .vcf file. These options may differ on different Android phones.
- This will create a VCF file of your contacts on your phone storage.
- Send this file to your iPhone using iTunes or simply by emailing it and using the same email account on your iPhone to download it. There are a few different ways that you can send a VCF file to your iPhone, which you can refer to via this guide.
- Open the VCF file, and you should see an option to add all contacts. Play it.
- Your contacts should appear on your iPhone.
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone Using SIM Card
You can transfer your contact data from one smartphone to another smartphone using the SIM card. This method works for you if you have to move less contact because of the sim card space. So use this method to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.
- On your Android phone, go to the Contacts app and tap the gear icon or the three-point menu.
- Tap on SIM card contacts and if you have a dual SIM phone, select the SIM card to use on your iPhone.
- Tap on the three-point menu and select Import from the phone.
- You will be asked to choose which contacts you want to transfer to the phone. You can use the Select all option to transfer all the contacts or select them individually. Then tap Done.
- When the process is complete, remove the SIM card and insert it into your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings and touch Contacts.
- Tap on Import SIM contacts and wait for the process to complete.
- Your contacts should now appear on your iPhone.
Video on Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone
I hope you understand the ways to transfer contacts from Android smartphone to iPhone. If you have any questions about the post, then you must ask us in a comment.