How to Transfer Your Whatsapp Chat Backup from iPhone to Android
WhatsApp users often face many problems when switching phones, especially when switching between operating systems. The social media platform is reportedly working on a solution to facilitate that process, but there are solutions that users will have to settle for until then. At the moment, WhatsApp allows users to keep their account information, including profile photos, name, individual chats, group chats, and settings when switching to a different operating system, such as from iPhone to Android. But it does not allow to move the chat history. However, chat history is very important to most users, especially those who use it for business conversations.
If you switch from iPhone to Android, WhatsApp users can use the method mentioned below to back up their chats and transfer them.
3 Ways to Transfer WhatsApp chat from iPhone to Android
Steps to transfer your WhatsApp chat backup from iPhone to Android
When switching from iPhone to Android, there is no native option to transfer chat history within the app. This is mainly because WhatsApp for iOS stores backups on iCloud for iPhone users, while WhatsApp for Android has backups on Google Drive. However, users can export their entire chat history by mail and then restore it on their new device. Each chat needs to be exported individually and is, therefore, a cumbersome process. But one that does guarantee the restoration of chats. It is recommended that you select which chats are important and export those chats and leave those not so important. Here are the steps to move WhatsApp chat history from iPhone to Android.
- Open the WhatsApp application on your iPhone and swipe left in the chat you want to export.
- Tap on More in the menu that appears. Select the Export chat option.
- From the Share menu, choose the Mail option. The mailbox will appear with the chat file attached.
- Enter the email address that you will have access to when on your Android phone. Faucet Send.
- Access your Android phone and open the email. Download the chat file attached to the mail. This process must be done for each chat that you need to transfer from your iPhone to Android. You will most likely end up with multiple emails, depending on how many chats you export.
- If you already installed WhatsApp on your Android phone, delete it and reinstall it. Complete the setup process and when the restore option appears, select the Restore option to complete the setup. Click on next.
- All your exported chats should appear on your Android phone.