The Snapchat Snap Camera desktop app allows users to apply a Disney / DreamWorks / Pixar-like cartoon filter on Zoom calls. The multimedia messaging application has a stylistic cartoon filter in its mobile version that has made its way to the desktop application. This development will allow you to look like a DreamWorks-style cartoon in Zoom, although the range of expressions is limited. It works pretty well as it uses Snapchat’s filter algorithms that work quite accurately in tracking movements and facial expressions.
If you want to look like a DreamWorks-style cartoon on your Zoom call, there are some steps you need to take and some prerequisites you need to be aware of. Make sure you are using Windows 10 / macOS 10.13 or later. You will also need to give the Snap Camera app some permissions on your desktop. So, read on to find out exactly what you need to do.
How to use the Cartoon Snap Camera filter in Zoom
- Open the app and give it access to the camera and microphone if prompted.
- In the list of lenses below the camera feed, navigate to the Featured section and find Cartoon style by Snap Inc (cartoon style search in search box may not show correct filter).
- Select it, and you should see it applied to the camera feed.
- Now, head over to Zoom and join/start a meeting.
- At the bottom left, where you see the video option, click the up arrow and select Instant camera.
- Your Zoom call should now have the Snap Camera Cartoon Style filter applied (make sure the Snap Camera app is running in the background).
Starting Zoom first and then running Snap Camera may give a “No camera-input available” error as Zoom was using the camera. So ideally, you should first run the Snap Camera app, apply the filter, and switch to Zoom with the Snap Camera app running in the background.