How to Unlock Hidden Instagram DM Effects
Did you know that you can now use cool new special effects for your Instagram DMs? With a recent software update, Facebook has merged Messenger with Instagram DMs and the latter has since gotten some cool new features like the ability to set a custom chat colour, vanish mode, custom emoji reactions, etc. In this article, I will tell you about one of these new features that came with the merger.
Instagram DM: add special effects to messages
Now you can add special effects in Instagram DM, whenever you reply to someone or send a new message to someone. Follow these steps.
- First of all, make sure you have the latest version of Instagram installed on your phone.
- Open any chat on Instagram and write a message.
- Tap on the magnifying glass on the left, next to the text input field.
- You will now see four new effects to choose from.
- Touch and choose the one you like and that’s it.
- Doing this will send a message along with the special effect.
Apart from this, you can also save messages to use as quick replies. To do that, follow these steps.
- To save a sent message, long press on it and touch Save.
- You will be prompted to assign a shortcut, enter it and press Save.
- To save a received message, long press on it> touch Plus > touch Save. Give it a shortcut command and that’s it.
- Now whenever you want to send a quick reply, just use the shortcut instead of typing the whole sentence.
Here’s how you can get the most out of Instagram DMs by adding cool special effects and saving quick replies.