Google Docs is well-known for making documents that you can edit and share online. But did you know that there is also a way to use the service without being online? If you don’t have internet access and need to edit a document, you can always do it. Google Docs works even when you’re not connected to the internet, and it’s available for both computers and phones. Follow this guide to see how to use Google Docs offline.
How to use Google Docs offline on Computers(PC) and Laptop
On your computer, you need Google Chrome and a Chrome extension for Google Docs to work when you’re offline. Just follow these steps to get started.
1. On your computer, download Google Chrome.
2. Now download the extension Google Docs offline from Chrome Webstore.
3. Once you’ve added the extension to Google Chrome, open Google docs in a new tab.
4. From the main page, Click on the hamburger Menu icon.
5. Go to Settings from the menu.
6 Enable Offline Option.
7. After this, when you turn off the Internet and open Google docs In Chrome, you can access your documents offline.
8. To keep an offline copy of a specific document, Click on the file option and enable Available offline.
How to use Google Docs offline on Android and iPhone
Smartphones make it even easier to use Google Docs offline. You can access google docs offline in android and iphone both devices. The process is same for both. The steps are as follows.
1. Make sure you have downloaded the Google Docs app on your smartphone. It is available in both App store and Google play.
2. Once Google Docs is installed, open the app> tap the hamburger icon > go to Settings.
3. On the next screen, enable Make recent files available offline.
4. Similarly, to keep an offline copy of a specific document, touch the three dots icon right next to the file and tap Make available offline. You will notice that a circle with a checkmark inside it will appear right next to the file. This means that your file is now available offline.
These are the two ways you can use Google Docs even when you are not connected to the internet. This way, you can edit and save files offline. Once you’re connected to the internet, your files will be saved to the cloud automatically.
1. How does Google Drive offline work?
When you’re done with the steps I listed above You can open and modify offline files without an internet connection. Any file updates made locally. Google will check for file changes when you’re online and update its online version.
2. Can you use Google Docs offline?
You can enable offline access in Docs, Sheets, or Slides settings. If you enable offline access for Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Drive, the rest will also be available offline. Open any Google document, spreadsheet, or presentation to enable offline access.
3. How do you edit Google Docs offline on a Chromebook?
Just follow the steps above if you have a Chromebook. The steps are the same as those I gave above for the computer.
4. What is Google Docs offline extension?
Docs Offline is a Chrome Web Store app that lets you make changes to documents when you’re not connected to the internet. ocs Offline is a Chrome Web Store app that lets you make changes to documents when you’re not connected to the internet. When you connect it again, it change the document online perfectly.