Instagram has announced the launch of a new feature called Collab, which is rolling out in India. With Collab, people can now invite another account to appear as a contributor on feed posts or reels they create, and the content will be shared with both sets of followers. India is one of two countries where Instagram is testing the feature at the moment.
According to Facebook, users can invite a contributor to their posts and reels using the Collab feature. If they accept the invitation, the contributor will show up as the author, and the content will also be shared on their profile grid, increasing the audience for the content.
How can Collab be used?
The feature is yet to be rolled out worldwide. If you are an Instagram Indian user, please refer to the following steps on how to use Collab:
- Upload a Feed post or create one Reel as you usually would.
- When you reach the bottom of the sharing screen, you will see the option to Tag people.
- Tap on Tag people to invite a collaborator by tapping Invite collaborator.
- Now you can search for an account and add it as a contributor. Please note that the account will need to accept your invitation. Only public accounts that also received the feature as part of the trial launch can be invited to Collab or co-authored the post.
- Once the account has accepted the collaboration invitation, it will be added to the tag screen and indicated in your post’s header.
In early July, Facebook announced its plan to spend $ 1 billion (approximately Rs. 7.450 crores) on social media creators until the end of 2022. The social media giant had announced that investments would include bonus programs to pay creators who reach certain milestones in your apps, including Instagram.