iOS 14: How to add widgets to the home screen
iOS 14 is available for iPhone 6S and newer iOS devices. In addition to a host of new features like choosing your default browser, app library, picture-in-picture, and more, iPhones run iOS 14 You can also pin widgets to the home screen. The feature has been around on Android smartphones for a few years, but it has made its way to iPhones with iOS 14 only. If you want to try the feature, you can follow these steps:
- Unlock your iPhone and then long-press anywhere on your screen. Your phone will go into “jiggle mode”.
- Tap on the plus button in the upper left corner of the screen.
- This will take you to the widget menu. Here you can select the widget you want to pin to your home screen.
- Currently available widgets include Photos, Notes, Clock, Maps, Calendar, App Tips, Tips, Weather, Actions, Podcasts, Screen Time, Smart Stack, Music, News, Notes, Photos, Reminders, Screen Time, Shortcuts, Siri, Apple TV tips and advice.
- Once you select the widget of your choice, select its size. You currently have three options to choose from: a 3×3 square, a 3×6 rectangle, and a larger 6×6 square.
- Then tap on add widget and drop it on your home screen.