PDF Editor: How to Edit PDF Files for Free on Computer, Phone
Sharing information in the form of PDF documents is quite popular, but it is not easy to edit PDF files for free. The best part about PDFs is the fact that no matter what device or platform you use to view them, the content remains the same. So how do you edit PDF files for free?
We’re sure that when it comes to editing PDF documents, not many would want to pay the exorbitant Adobe Acrobat DC subscription fee. In fact, it is not necessary because we have come across some ways that allow you to edit PDF files for free. In this guide, we tell you how to edit a PDF file.
How to edit PDF files
The first method that we are going to suggest does not require you to download any application. It works on all the major platforms out there, i.e. Windows 10, Mac OS, Android and ios. With that said, follow these steps.
- Open the website, www.pdfescape.com.
- Either drag and drop the PDF file you want to edit or select Choose file.
- Then select the file you want to edit and upload it.
- After a few seconds of processing, the file will be available for editing. In the left panel, you’ll see tools that allow you to add text, blank white boxes to hide items, and even allow you to add fillable forms to your PDF. If that’s not your thing, then you can go freestyle too. Also, there are ways that allow users to annotate the document by adding sticky notes or simply by formatting the text.
- Once you are done editing, you can save the PDF document locally on your device by pressing the Save and download PDF button.
The next method that we will suggest allows users to edit PDF files on their computers, also offline. This is possible through an application called Libre office, which allows you to edit PDF files on your computer for free. Just follow these steps.
- Go to www.libreoffice.org/download/download> Choose your operating system and hit to download.
- Once the installation file is downloaded, install it on your system and open it.
- After opening the application, click Open document and choose the PDF document you would like to edit.
- You will then see that you can easily select items on the page to move and that the text can be easily edited. Make sure your system has the fonts used in the PDF as that makes text editing easier. Since each line of text or each image appears as a separate object, editing the PDF file should be a breeze. The only time-consuming aspect of this is alignment, as the app tends to mess it up.
- Once you’ve finished editing, click Archive and select Export as PDF. This method also works with scanned PDF files.
These were two of the best methods that allowed anyone to edit PDF files easily and efficiently. However, there is a bonus method that we would like to suggest. Follow these steps.
- Visit the website, www.hipdf.com.
- Once the site is loaded, click on the second option from the top that says, PDF to Word.
- After that, click Choose file > select PDF file from your computer and click Open.
- Once charging is complete, press Turn into and wait for the file to finish converting. Once the conversion is done, press to download.
- Doing this will download the file to your computer as an editable Word document. So, open the file and make the changes you want.
- Once you have made your changes, you can always convert this document to a PDF file by visiting the hipdf website again or using Libreoffice on your computer.
By following these simple methods, you will be able to edit PDF documents, also for free.