Every day, we all receive plenty of unhelpful text messages. Most of us do this by selecting multiple messages on our iPhone and deleting them all at once. This procedure sometimes removes valuable messages as well as trash and spam. There are also moments when you mistakenly delete an essential text message and don’t know how to recover it on your iPhone. There are several methods for recovering deleted text messages on iPhone.
Apple has enabled iCloud integration for content backups, including text messages, on the iPhone. However, retrieving messages from an iCloud backup needs some effort. The iPhone maker also does not give a unique option for recovering deleted texts all at once.
See Also: reverse video on iPhone
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone Using iCloud Backup
The steps to retrieve deleted text messages on your iPhone using iCloud Backup are described below. Before you begin, keep in mind that you must have Posts enabled in your iCloud backups to recover your prior text messages from the cloud.
- Go to Settings and then tap on your Apple ID profile at the top.
- Opened iCloud > Manage storage > Backups and then chose the backup taken before the day you deleted the text messages you wished to retrieve.
- Please scroll down to locate the Messages backup and verify that it contains some data.
- You’ll need to restart your iPhone at this point. This will remove all previously saved content and data. As a result, you should only proceed if you have them in your deleted message’s backup file.
- Go to Settings > general > Transfer or restart iPhone > Clear all content and settings if you are sure.
- Your iPhone will now reboot, and the process will take some time. After that, it will ask if you want to recover from a backup. From there, select the appropriate backup.
If you don’t want to delete all of your data from your iPhone but still want to retrieve your iCloud messages, go to iCloud.com and log in. Below are the steps on how to achieve it.
How to Recover Text Messages on iPhone Using iCloud.com
- Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID and password.
- Find the messages you wish to recover in Text messages. Only if you have enabled backup copies of your text messages will the Text messages option appear.
- After accessing Settings and your Apple ID profile, you will be invited to disable Posts backup by visiting iCloud settings. You will see a list of the files that are being backed up to iCloud. To disable text message backups, just tap Posts.
- You will now be prompted to download your text messages to your iPhone locally. Could you kindly disable the pop-up message and download messages? This will download all existing messages from your phone, even those you have deleted.
I hope you understand how to recover the deleted messages on your iphone. If you face any issue related to it, then ask us in a comment.