9. 9 Million people in Britain and one-third of Italians have never used the internet. Imagine that! While there are treatment camps for internet addicts in China, many people have never used it to date.
10. Most internet traffic is not generated by humans, but it generated bots and malware. According to a study conducted by Incapsula, 61.5% or nearly two-thirds of all the website traffic is caused by Internet bots.
11. we all heard the term ‘surfing’ on the internet. It originated in 1992, courtesy of a New York librarian whose name was Jean Armour Polly. But now the time is not used that much, but in other words, ‘browsing’ has also become a popular addition.
12. its most Surprising and Interesting Facts About the Internet is in 2010. It was estimated that around 247 billion emails are sent in a single day. Fast forward to 2017, a statistics group called Radicati Group estimates that about 269 billion emails are sent per day. Unfortunately, the majority of all them fall under the spam category.
13. The internet is now 11,000+ days old. If you want to know the exact number, you can always visit here and appreciate that you can access free information anywhere and everywhere.
14. it takes around 2 billion electrons to produce a single email. Now Think millions of emails being sent in a single day. Now think how many electrons to be playing around with.
15. we expect that around 40 billion devices will be connected to the internet by 2020. That does not look good from a security point of view.
16. when you hear Online dating, it might sound not very good. But when you hear the amount of revenue is generating. According to the latest study, online dating generates approximately 1 billion dollars every year.
17. South Korea and Japan have the best internet right now because, according to Akamai, the average bandwidth speed in these locations is 22Mbps. The average internet speed in the U.S. is only 8.4Mbps.
18. Seventy-eight percent of Americans use the internet. It is the top of the list. English being the most popular language, there should be no doubt in that statistic.
19. The queries you search on the internet are just an average percentage of the internet and are referred to as the ‘Surface Web.’ The other part is called ‘Deep Web,’ and it is much larger than the Surface Web.
20. half of the internet users use Facebook. Facebook is that much popular.
I hope you like our article on Top 20 Surprising and Interesting Facts About The Internet. for more tech news, follow our blog. Thank you.