Hi everyone, Today, we are talking about the Top 20 Surprising and Interesting Facts About the Internet. We can’t imagine life without the Internet. The reason behind it is a social networking and gets helpful information from search engines. Let see exciting facts about the Internet. The points are given below.
1. More than 3 billion people use the Internet.1.7 billion internet users are Asians. More than 150 billion emails are sent every day and 3 billion Google searches.
2. 200 million Internet users in China are between the ages of 15 and 35. Hence, it is most like that they lose self-control. Tao Ran(CAO) of the first Internet addiction clinic in a military hospital said that 44% of those addicted to the Internet have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
3. 30,000 websites are hacked every day. Cybercriminals use highly effective computer software programs to detect vulnerable websites that can be hacked easily automatically.
4. The first webcam was created at the University Of Cambridge to monitor the Trojan coffee pot. A live grayscale picture of the state of the coffee pot was provided as the video feed. The image of trojan-coffee-webcam is given below:
5. More than 200 million emails are sent per minute, but 70% of all the emails sent are spam. 2 billion electrons must produce a single email.
7. The internet needs 50 Million horsepower to keep running in the current state.
In 2005, broadband internet speed had 2 Megabits per second, but today in 2018, 100Mbps download speeds are available in many parts of the World. But experts warn that science has reached its limit, and fibre optics can take no more data. That’s one of the best internet facts.
See Also: Top 12 Interesting Google tricks
8. The first tweet on Twitter on 21-03-2006 by Jack-Dorsey and the first YouTube video upload by Jawad-Karim. It was “Meet At Zoo” at 8:27 p.m. on Saturday, April-23, -2005. The video is given below:
9. 9 Million people in Britain and one-third of Italians have never used the internet. Imagine that! While there are treatment camps for internet addicts in China, many people have never used them to date.
10. Most internet traffic is not generated by humans, but it generated bots and malware. According to a study conducted by Incapsula, 61.5% or nearly two-thirds of all website traffic is caused by Internet bots.
11. we all heard the term ‘surfing on the internet. It originated in 1992, courtesy of a New York librarian whose name was Jean Armour Polly. But now the time is not used that much, but in other words, ‘browsing’ has also become a popular addition.
12. its most Surprising and Interesting Facts About the Internet is in 2010. It was estimated that around 247 billion emails are sent in a single day. Fast forward to 2017, a statistics group called Radicati Group estimates that about 269 billion emails are sent per day. Unfortunately, the majority of them fall under the spam category.
13. The internet is now 11,000+ days old. If you want to know the exact number, you can always visit here and appreciate that you can access free information anywhere and everywhere.
14. it takes around 2 billion electrons to produce a single email. Now Think millions of emails are being sent in a single day. Now think how many electrons to be playing around with. Do you know about this internet fact? Say us in the comment.
15. we expect that around 40 billion devices will be connected to the internet by 2020. That does not look good from a security point of view.
16. when you hear Online dating, it might sound not very good. But when you hear the amount of revenue is generating. According to the latest study, online dating generates approximately 1 billion dollars every year.
17. South Korea and Japan have the best internet right now because, according to Akamai, the average bandwidth speed in these locations is 22Mbps. The average internet speed in the U.S. is only 8.4Mbps.
18. Seventy-eight percent of Americans use the internet. It is at the top of the list. English being the most popular language, there should be no doubt in that statistic.
19. The queries you search on the internet are just an average percentage of the internet and are referred to as the ‘Surface Web.’ The other part is called ‘Deep Web,’ which is much larger than the Surface Web.
20. half of the internet users use Facebook. Facebook is that popular.
I hope you like our article on Top 20 Surprising and Interesting Facts About The Internet. for more tech news, follow our blog. Thank you.