WhatsApp now allows you to make or receive voice and video calls on its desktop application for Windows and Mac. The feature was previously implemented for select users only, but is now available to everyone in India. It will be useful for those who use the WhatsApp desktop every day for work or personal reasons.
How to download WhatsApp desktop apps
What versions of WhatsApp desktop apps can make calls?
WhatsApp It says that the calling feature is compatible with Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 or newer and macOS 10.13 or newer. But you can only make individual WhatsApp calls as of now, as group calls are not supported by WhatsApp desktop app at the moment.
System requirements for WhatsApp video calls on PC
To make WhatsApp voice and video calls on desktop, you will need three things:
- An audio output device and microphone for calls. If you want to make video calls, you also need a webcam.
- An active Internet connection on your computer and phone.
- Also, you will be asked to give WhatsApp permission to access your computer’s microphone and camera to make calls.
How to make WhatsApp calls on a PC
Here’s how to make WhatsApp calls on desktop.
- First, install the WhatsApp desktop app for Windows or Mac.
- Use your phone to scan QR code on your computer.
- Your WhatsApp account will open on the screen.
- Now open a chat and click on it voice call icon wave video call icon in the upper right corner.
- A WhatsApp call will be made directly from the desktop.
WhatsApp’s desktop voice and video calling feature works the same way it does on the Android or iOS app. It is also said to be end-to-end encrypted. For more tutorials, visit our How to section.