WhatsApp, one of the most popular messaging apps in the world, is not only popular for sending text messages or making voice calls. WhatsApp users also have the option of making video calls. The video calling feature is free on WhatsApp and to get started, all you need is a working internet connection. The best thing is that WhatsApp web video calling is also possible. Follow this guide while we tell you how to make video calls on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp: how to make video calls from a smartphone
With WhatsApp, you can make video calls to individual contacts or groups. The process is quite simple, just follow these steps.
- Open WhatsApp and select a Contact to the video call.
- Open your chat and press the camera icon at the top to make a video call.
During an individual call, there is also the option to add other people to the call. That is how.
- While in a WhatsApp video call, press the add participant button in the upper right.
- Choose a Contact > touch Add.
Also, when adding contacts to one-to-one calls, you also have the option to start a group video call. Follow these steps.
- Open WhatsApp, select a group chat and open it.
- Once the chat is open, press the camera icon up to start a video call with the group.
As of now, WhatsApp supports up to 8 participants for group voice or video calls.
WhatsApp web video call
To start a video call via WhatsApp Web, follow these steps.
- Open WhatsApp Web and log in on your bill.
- Hit the three vertical points icon and click Create a room.
- You will see a pop-up window, keep pressing Continue on Messenger. Please note that you will need a Facebook account for this to work.
- Now create a room and you are ready to start a video call.
- Just share the video call link with other people on WhatsApp.
- To create a room with a specific contact or group, open that chat window, press the attachment icon and click Room, which is the last icon in the list.
From Facebook Messenger Rooms The feature allows video calls of up to 50 users at a time.
This is how you can make video calls via WhatsApp on your phone or on your computers.